Thursday 8 July 2010

Pallet Compost Bin

A few weeks ago I built my first pallet compost bin at home. I used 3 pallets all nailed together for the sides and back. The one on the left side is a double-sided pallet - I'll be adding another compost bin on that side later. I nailed a length of 4 x 2 across the top to stop it pulling apart. I lined the inside with compost bags stapled to the pallets.

For the front of the compost bin, I nailed a few cut-down floorboards together. They are held in place by other floorboard pieces nailed to the front of the bin, so that they can be lifted out when I need to empty the bin.

I now have another couple of pallets, plus a big box of nails, so can build the 2nd bin when I get a chance. I'll be collecting a few more pallets to build compost bins for the allotment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment