Thursday 8 July 2010

More Sowings

I recently lost all my brassicas - pigeons ate the ones I planted out in the veggie patch, and the seedlings in the greenhouse all died in the heat. The lettuce I started a while back is almost ready to pick, and I'll need more soon. So time to sow some more veggies!

I sowed about 12 trays including:
36 Cauliflower (All Year Round)
24 Late PSB
12 PSB Rudolph
12 Winter Cabbage (Offenham)
8 Kale (Black Tuscany)
8 Swede (Magres)
8 Swede (Invitation)

8 Lettuce (Mini Green)
8 Lettuce (Little Gem)
4 Butternut Squash
4 Courgette (Green Bush)

8 Lettuce (Lollo Rossa)
8 Lettuce (Red Salad Bowl)
8 Lettuce (Salad Bowl)

12 Spinach (Hector)
12 Spinach (Picasso)
12 Spinach (Bordeaux)
12 Spinach Beet

Tray loose sown radish

I want to grow as much veg as I can now and get it planted out as soon as possible. I don't know how many brassicas I can actually plant out in the veggie patch and the allotment, and I know a lot of it has been sown late now, but I've got to try and grow whatever I can now.

The loose leaf lettuce and spinach will be used in patio tubs again. I must sow some rocket to go with it.

I've also sown several more climbing French bean seeds by each of the canes where the previous sowings didn't take. Fingers crossed I'll actually get a half decent crop of beans this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment