Sunday 18 April 2010

Salad Tubs

This year I'm using a couple of large tubs for loose leaf salad plants. These will be kept on the patio for easy access for picking at any time - this also frees up more space in the veggie patch for veggies that take longer to grow. The loose leaf plants allow constant picking for a long time, until the plants bolt or die.

The first tub has:
1 Spinach Hector
1 Spinach Picasso
1 Lettuce Red Salad Bowl
2 Lettuce Salad Bowl
1 Lettuce Mixed Leaves
1 Lettuce Lollo Rossa
1 Chinese Leaves ?
2 "Stir Fry Mix"

I'm not sure how long these plants will be pickable / usable for. I have another large tub the same, so I'll be sowing and planting that one in a few weeks time. I'll probably sow more seeds every few weeks just so that I have seedlings ready for planting whenever they're needed to replace the first.

My neighbour wanted a similar salad tub - she had two large pots so we did the two with a mixture of lettuces and spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment