Tuesday 20 April 2010

Potatoes

I've been up to the allotment, finished digging over the 2nd potato bed and planted potatoes in it. I also planted the remainder of the first potato bed.

As I've had spare potatoes, I've put some in large tubs at home. My neighbour wants a few and I'll save a few for a friend who wants some too.

The full planting out list is as follows:
ALLOTMENT
Potato bed 1:
17 Duke of York (first earlies) nearest raspberries
30 King Edward (maincrop) nearest path

Potato bed 2:
16 Charlotte (salad potatoes) in 2 rows nearest compost bins
16 Maris Peer (second earliest) in 2 rows furthest from compost bins

HOME
1 row Charlotte (salad potatoes) nearest the greenhouse

2 rows Duke of York (first earlies)
2 rows Maris Peer (second earlies)
1 row King Edward (maincrop)

8 large tubs for patio as follows:
1 King Edward, 3 Charlotte
1 Duke of York, 3 Maris Peer
(I'll keep them in this order so I don't get mixed up!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment