Wednesday 17 June 2009

2009 June - week 2

Steroids and painkillers have helped a lot with my arthritis- although I still have the pain and swellings in joints, I'm more mobile. My knees are the worst at the moment - very stiff. My wrist is painful if I turn my hand the wrong way. I can't straighten my arm. My toe is still twice normal size and dark red. Pain in my hip is bad but not causing mobility problems. Looks like it could last a while.

Have been able to spend a bit more time in the greenhouse, keeping things going. Have to sit down a lot. Went to garden centre and picked up more canes and a new sprinkler. Rigged up the drip feeder for the greenhouse. More potting on etc. Weeded one 8ftx8ft bed at home, had to keep stopping because of the pain. But at least I know I can do it and that I'm getting better gradually.

Had first home grown strawberry. Had loads of spinach for a beef and spinach curry. Had lots of lettuce for our salads.

Sowed 3 trays of peas for Su - should be enough to fill one row and they should be the right size to plant out when I take them up there in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment