Friday 17 August 2012

Cherry Plums

We have a large conifer hedge dividing our driveway from next door's driveway. I've always known about the big red plum tree at the front of the drive - it only produces a few plums per year.

Yellow plums in my front garden
But while trimming the connifer hedge, I found another variety of plum. They were green, now turning a lovely shade of yellow. Most seem to be heart shaped.

The photo doesn't really show the true colour - they are a brighter yellow in real life.

Not sure what variety they are, but I'm sure they'll make a nice crumble sometime in the winter. As with any other plums, they'll be picked, stoned and frozen, ready for when we want to eat them.


Next month I will have lived here for 19 years. I can't believe I've never spotted these before!

No comments:

Post a Comment