Wednesday 30 January 2013

First Sowings 2013

We had another sunny spell this afternoon, so squelched down the garden to sow some seeds in the greenhouse. As usual, seeds are sown in cell modules in seed trays.

4 Tomato Gardeners Delight
4 Tomato Belle
4 Tomato Sungold
4 Tomato Alicante
8 Sweet Pepper

8 Broccoli Summer Purple
8 Cauliflower All Year Round
8 Lettuce Winter Gem

10 Leeks Autumn Mammoth in a Morrisons bucket

I only had 10 leek seeds out of that pack of 150 seeds. The missus must have sown about 140 seeds into 2 large pots last year - that would have left them very crowded and not able to thicken up. The extra spacing this year should help.

I have a long plastic tunnel cloche - it was a bargain in the garden centre clearance last autumn. I'll probably set that up for the brassicas once I've cleared a bit of ground and tidied up.

Next job on the list is to sort the rest of the seeds so that I can so more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment