Tuesday 28 July 2009

Plum Jam

Made my first jar of plum jam this year, using the plums from my tree at home. It's a bit thick / hard though, not sure what I did wrong yet - I made it in the microwave and didn't measure anything - might have overboiled it or used too much sugar or lemon juice - will be a bit more careful with the next batch.

I used about a pound of plums, stoned them, microwaved for about 5 minutes with a big splash of lemon juice. Added a large cup of sugar and stirred it in. Then microwaved for another 12 minutes. My microwave is quite powerful so it boiled for quite a long time.

My son isn't normally keen on jam, but he loves it - he said I could make a fortune if I make enough and sell it! Maybe the taste of the jam is enough to encourage him to pick plums for me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment