Tuesday 21 July 2009

Allotment Update

Not much change since the last visit, but feeling more positive.

A couple of brassicas have survived the pigeons - I have loads more in pots and modules at home ready to be planted out, so will get some canes and netting and get them planted out on the allotment soon.

Pulled up the last of the autumn sown onions - really good size - need stringing up

Picked 3 courgettes - loads more growing - I have never cooked or used courgettes, but have had them in lasagne before, so will find a use for them soon.

First pumpkin growing - about the size of a large cooking apple.

No cucumbers yet, but 3 of the 4 ridge cucumber plants are still there.

Potatoes need digging up - all the foliage has died off - I did try digging but no hope, my knees wouldn't let me - will try and get my son up there for a few hours.

The celery I planted a few weeks back is still there - doesn't look like it's grown tho.

Might get lucky with a couple of sweetcorn. It's mostly gone to seed, but there are some tassles showing so there are a couple of cobs growing. Might also get lucky with a bit of beetroot - can just make out some purplish leaves among the weeds.

As I'm getting fitter, garden veggie patch is improving and I can get up to allotment more easily, so will catch up. Just so much work to do up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment