Monday 14 May 2012

A Glimpse Of Summer

A proper sunny weekend at last .... spent most of it in the garden. It's been a long time since I spent that much time in the garden in the sun, and I'm aching all over .... totally worth it though.

We popped out to get more compost. The missus found some more seeds that she wanted so we got them too - she's really loving this home growing lark!

I finally dug the strimmer out of the garage. The grass and weeds along the fences were nearly 2ft tall, but all gone now. I hate strimmers. The grass was cut a bit shorter than last time. Still a lot of holes and dips in the lawn from where my son used it as a football pitch for years, but we'll get those filled in time.

I shifted the big pile of slabs from the patio to the veggie patch. I sorted my son's football goals to get rid of them on Freecycle. The chicken coop is now in pieces along the fence so that I can clean it all properly. I dug my way through weeds and brambles to the old shed and got rid of the old lawnmower. I spent the rest of the weekend weeding, digging and generally sorting the veggie patch.

The missus spent most of the weekend potting on and sowing more seeds. The greenhouse is full. We really do need more decent weather so we can start planting out!


No comments:

Post a Comment